Welcome to my blog!

This is the real life story of a family of 5. The family includes a Dad (daddio), a Mom (mamacita), and 3 (mostly) precious children; Bubba (the oldest), Ty-Ty (the middle), and Princess Sassy Pants (the baby). This is the story of our always busy, sometimes crazy, sometimes stressful, always blessed life! Enjoy!







Monday, January 17, 2011

Broken and Beautiful

Have you ever heard the song "Broken and Beautiful" by Mark Schultz?  I've always liked it, but the past few weeks, God has embedded this song into my heart.  I've heard it probably a few dozen times, but I guess I've never listened closely to the lyrics....I mean REALLY listened.  A few weeks ago, I was working around the house and this song came on my iPod.  I love music and I love to sing.  I especially like to sing while I'm doing chores - making beds, putting laundry away, doing dishes, etc.  My kids and hubby LOVE it!  ;)

So...this song came on and God literally stopped me in my tracks and made me sit down and LISTEN!  I can't explain it, but it was like he was controlling my body and forced me to stop and sit down.  It felt like I was listening to it for the first time.  I thought of several precious friends in my life that are fighting cancer - some for the 2nd time.  Right now, they are broken.....AND beautiful.  They will always be beautiful to me- sweet bald heads and all!!  More importantly, they will always be beautiful to GOD!  I love them dearly and so admire their faith!  I have to admit, though, that I HATE cancer!!!!  I don't want them to have to go through this!  I didn't want them to go through it the first time, but AGAIN???!!!  

Our pastor gave a wonderful sermon yesterday on being afraid.  I felt like he was talking directly to one of my friends.    He said, "Jesus does not prevent the storm, he RISES UP in the midst of it!"  That was so powerful to me!!!  The key is to hang on to the promise that Jesus is in the boat WITH us...he hasn't abandoned us!!  What a promise!

Here are the lyrics to the song.  I pray that we will remember that we are all broken...AND beautiful...to the One that loves us the most!

  "There's a business man, there's a widowed wife.
   A smiling face with a shattered life.
   A teenage girl with a choice to make.
   It's crowded here in church today.
  
   And the preacher says as the sermon ends,
   please close your eyes, bow your heads.
   Is there anyone in need of prayer?
   Oh, Jesus wants to meet you here!

   Cause we all fall short. 
   And we all have sin.
   But when you let
   God's grace break in...
   It's beautiful!!
   Beautiful!
   Come as you are.
   Surrender your heart.
   Broken and beautiful.

   Well, he'd never been to church before.
   But he came today as a last resort. 
   His world was crashing in.
   He was suffocating in his sin.
   But tears rolled down as hope rushed in.
   He closed his eyes, raised his hands
   worshipping the God who can
   bring him back to life again!
   Broken and beautiful!
   Beautiful!
   Come as you are.
   Surrender your heart.
   Broken and beautiful.

   Cause there's nothing more beautiful to God,
   than when His sons and daughters come...broken.

   Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!
   Come as you are.
   Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!
   Come as you are.
   Broken and beautiful!
   Beautiful!
   Come as you are.
   Surrender your heart.
   Broken and beautiful."

  Amen and Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You need to stop over to my blog-I nominated you for an award!
    Love you and your blog!!
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete