Welcome to my blog!

This is the real life story of a family of 5. The family includes a Dad (daddio), a Mom (mamacita), and 3 (mostly) precious children; Bubba (the oldest), Ty-Ty (the middle), and Princess Sassy Pants (the baby). This is the story of our always busy, sometimes crazy, sometimes stressful, always blessed life! Enjoy!







Saturday, May 7, 2011

....only believe.

I bought a new devotional book last week.  I love the name, "Be Still....and Let Your Nail Polish Dry".  Isn't that cute??  :)  It has short devos for women that pack a punch!  At least, they hit me hard!!  I love that...when God speaks to me in a way that haunts me for days.  And friends, He's been speaking to me loud and clear!

The very first devo reminds me of the awesomness of God; how powerful, yet loving he is. 

Nahum 1 : 2-7
     "God is serious business, He won't be trifled with.....
      He stands up against His enemies, fierce and raging....
      God is good, a hiding place in tough times."

Then I'm reminded of how God ALWAYS takes care of me, like a parent takes care of a child.

Isaiah 43 : 1-2
     "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. 
      I've called you by name. You're mine.
      When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
      When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
      When you're between a rock and a hard place,
      It won't be a dead end -
      Because I am God, your personal God,
      The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
      I paid a huge price for you:
      ...That's how much you mean to me!
     That's how much I love you!"

And this one, this one has haunted me the most....
  
Mark 5: 36
     "Do not be afraid; only believe."

Believe.  Only believe.  It's such a simple word, yet so hard to do.

I struggle with believing sometimes.  Not that Jesus is the son of God, or in my salvation.  I guess I forget that God is always with me, following me around like a new parent follows a toddler.  He will catch me if I fall. 

What an amazing truth to be reminded of!  I don't have to be afraid....not of a diagnosis, of not being offered a contract to teach next year, not of the sky-high gas prices and the obscene amount of money I pay out each month to keep gas in my car, not of the safety of my babies when they are not in my care.....
I only have to BELIEVE....believe in the One who loved me so much, he gave everything he had, yes, even his life, to SAVE me.  Save me from being afraid.  Save me from myself.

Only believe.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweet friend. I so need to remember this-just believe that He loves me and wants only the best for me-that no matter what happens that He knows and see the bigger picture in it all and will guide and direct my paths if only I allow Him too. I saw that book on your night stand when I was dusting and thought it was a really cute title.
    Hope you have a blessed day.
    Love ya
    Me

    ReplyDelete