Welcome to my blog!

This is the real life story of a family of 5. The family includes a Dad (daddio), a Mom (mamacita), and 3 (mostly) precious children; Bubba (the oldest), Ty-Ty (the middle), and Princess Sassy Pants (the baby). This is the story of our always busy, sometimes crazy, sometimes stressful, always blessed life! Enjoy!







Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time

TIME. Seems like the older I get, the faster TIME goes. Today is August 9th, and as I write this, I'm sitting here wondering where the summer has gone. I mean, really, how did the summer just fly by?? Wouldn't it be great if we could slow TIME down? Or maybe even stop it altogether?

The Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes chapter 3 that there is a TIME for everything. It says in chapter 9 of Ecclesiastes the each day is a gift from God and that we should make the most of each one. You see, God didn't intend for TIME to stand still. Nor did He promise us tomorrow. The hard reality is that we don't know how many days we have left on earth or how many days our family or friends have.

The phrases "I just don't have enough TIME" or "I don't have TIME for that" come to our lips so readily and easily these days. We are all so busy with our daily routines and the activities that consume our lives. We tend to neglect relationships in order to get every item checked off of our to-do lists. And then something unexpected, and sometimes even tragic happens, and we regret not making TIME for someone.

Sometimes TIME is the only thing we have to offer or give. I lost a precious friend last October, an angel that was loved by so many people. A few days before she died, when she was in ICU, God laid it on my heart to go and see her in the hospital. There were several other friends there waiting to see her. Not everyone could go in, so I waited until most everyone had left and I went in to see her. My TIME was all I could give to her. How I wanted to give her some miracle drug to cure her and take away her pain! But I couldn't. How I wanted to tell her that everything was going to be ok and give her reassurance that she would make it out of the hospital and go home to her husband and her babies. But I couldn't. So, I gave her my TIME. We talked and laughed and cried. And said our good-byes. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but also one of the most precious memories I will always have. I will never forget the last few things she said to me and I will hold them in my heart forever. That TIME I had with her was TIME that I truly thank God for. It was a gift.

I have another very dear friend recovering in the hospital right now from surgery to remove more cancer from her abdomen and pelvis. This is her third battle. I know that in the very near future I will drive to her city to see her and spend TIME with her. That's all I have to give, and I know it is a gift. How I wish I could take away her pain also, and guarantee her that she will live a long life watching her 3 boys grow up to become men. But I can't, even though I am praying fervently that she will beat this horrible disease. So, I will give her my TIME.

My hope is that I'm not just getting older but that I'm getting wiser as well - with Gods help and guidance. I know that God has taught me, especially in these last few months, that TIME is precious and should not be wasted. It doesn't matter how busy we are. We must make TIME and take TIME to be with those we love. Take the TIME to tell them exactly what they mean to you. Make the most of each day. Treasure the TIME that God has given you.

As a new school year rapidly approaches, my "free" TIME definitely dwindles, but I'm determined to make TIME for my wonderful family, friends, and students. I don't want to live with regrets. I want to cherish EVERY day, and treat it like the gift that it is from my heavenly father!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment